Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What I ate + my favorite Chicken Salad recipe!

I have been waiting until I had enough pictures to do another What I Ate post. I haven't made anything too exciting lately, otherwise I have forgotten to take a photo. These pictures were all probably taken a couple weeks apart. Yeah, it's been awhile!

My version of a super easy fish taco: fish sticks, coleslaw mix and lime juice on a whole wheat tortilla. And I added some cilantro because I had some in the fridge.

Muffaletta Portobello Burger. Basically a tomato and some green olives chopped up with some salt and pepper on top of a portobello mushroom that I sauteed, then put it on a bun with some lettuce, mayo, and provolone cheese. The recipe was from Simple and Delicious magazine I believe.

This is Skinnytaste's Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad. I thought it was really good, but it made a lot, and I was the only one eating it, so if I made it again I'd half the recipe.

Avocado and Mango Chicken Salad. This was SOOOOO good! I just ate it straight out of the bowl, but if I would have had lettuce, I would have had it as lettuce wraps. Definitely plan on making this again! YUM!!

I guess I kind of have a thing for chicken salad! This is a recipe that I have been making a lot lately, and sort of modified it a little to suit my tastes and what I had on hand. I love this one on lettuce wraps, too. Usually I use Butterhead lettuce, but all I had on this day was iceberg. I thought I'd share the recipe for this one with you since I don't have a link to it!

Savory and Sweet Chicken Salad

2 cups diced chicken (I usually use rotisserie chicken, and use half of the meat)
1 cup seedless red grapes, each cut in half
1/4-1/2 cup slivered almonds (I usually just pour some in and guess)
1 small apple, diced (I use braeburn since that's what I usually buy, but any sweet apple would work!)
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise (again, I just scoop a dollop in. You can use less, or more if needed)
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 tsp dill weed (or 1 tsp chopped fresh dill)
S & P to taste

Mix everything together and enjoy!

Linking up with Peas & Crayons!


No comments:

Post a Comment